Tuesday 18 October 2011

Saving a dog's life

Do you know how to administer CPR to your dog if he should collapse? To be honest I didn't until I spotted the following YouTube film circulated via a friend in Polish Lowland Sheepdogs.

Perhaps it is something that should be taught at dog training classes?




Curiosity led me back to YouTube to see if there were any other films that could help us learn how to save a dog's life. The following footage of a Boxer dog being resuscitated is amazing and yes I shed a tear or two as I watched it.


3 comments:

  1. That second video was so amazing to watch! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing stuff. It wouldn't even have occurred to me that was possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the 2nd video, the trainer did not open the airway, give breaths and do 15 compressions give 15 compressions. He revived the dog which was a miracle to watch!

    ReplyDelete